My brother, Wayne, just came home from Toronto, and this time he brought back a bronze medal from the Canadian Yoyo National Contest which was held last Saturday in Calgary. This was his first time competing in a national contest, and he told us that he was a bit nervous on the stage with the crowd cheering and clapping, but when he showed us some of his tricks, the only thing Jonathan and I said was “Oh my goodness!! How come the strings don’t get tangled?!”
I know he is definitely not a card person, but I still made a card to congratulate him on his great achievement (it’s just that the card was not given to him, hehe).
- The Midnight Muse card base had been die cut with the Top Note Bigz Die, and a piece of Comfort Café Designer Series Paper was peeking from behind.
- The Congratulations sentiment was heat embossed with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder on a piece of vellum.
- The vellum was attached to the card base using four gold brads.
- I sponged gold ink all around on the Midnight Muse cardstock to create a metal feel to the card.
- The inside was lined with a Natuals Ivory cardstock to cover the back of the brads.
Stamp Set: Curly Cute (Wood-Mount 117014, Clear-Mount 120510)
Paper: Comfort Café Designer Series Paper (126898), Midnight Muse (126843), White Vellum (101856), Naturals Ivory (101849)
Ink: Versamark Pad (102283)
Cool Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439), Top Note Bigz Die ( 113463), Heat Tool (129053)
The Perfect Touch :Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder (129129), 3/16″ Metallic Brads – Gold (119741)